WALT Locate and Summarise Ideas
- Select 5 keywords from this article: I don’t paint to fail,” : He’s keeping his eyes open for the next ‘Frizzell: Frizzell began his art career determined to make a living from it. :Frizzell has painted still lifes, pop culture, landscapes :He began with a series of successful exhibitions, painting humorous self-portraits, and everyday objects such as fish-tin label
Success criteria: key words sum up the meaning. They are often nouns (but not always)
- Explain why you chose to learn about Dick Frizzell in three or four sentences. What made you interested in him? a teacher chose it for me. I like how the the photo says mickey to tiki to mickey I almost can’t say it though but I like the saying still
- Vocabulary: for these words, share a meaning in your own words and find a dictionary meaning
pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically beautiful poetry a beautiful young woman the mountains were calm and beautiful
a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something this iron-jawed icon of American manhood
A range of wacky and weird objects helps define what it is to be a New Zealander or Kiwi These wonderful things are known simply as Kiwiana
4. Find one artwork that you really like by Dick Frizzell (“Mickey to Tiki Tu Meke” is one example at the top of the reading) and paste it into this document. Use Google - but make sure the artwork is definitely by Dick Frizzell.
5. Write five adjectives which describe this artwork.
4 square dairy man